Job title: Vessel Manager
Location: London, UK
Who are we recruiting for?
Executive Integrity are working alongside a renown and global market leading Ship Management company who manage 300 bulk carriers, 200 Tankers and 100 container ships. Our client has 25 offices worldwide and can take care of a ship wherever it may be operating. They are experienced in providing full technical ship management across a wide range of different ship types.
What will you be doing?
The Vessel Manager will be responsible for co-ordinating the ships under their control and ensure that the ships remain in compliance at all times with the company's safety management system (SMS) and the international rules and regulations, they operate safely and efficiently
- As a vessel manager, you will assume full responsibility for safe operation of a Fleet of Bulk vessels assigned to you.
- Besides day to day close monitoring of vessels, you will be required to supervise dry-dockings and repairs, carry out vessel inspections, conduct technical investigations, ensure certification and documentation of vessels under your charge are up to date and meet international safety standards.
- You will also judiciously manage budgets allocated to vessels and produce regular reports.
- Promote and encourage environmental issues as addressed in the Company's Safety Management System.
Are you the ideal candidate?
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Chief Engineer - OOW who has extensive experience on Bulk Carriers. Ideally you will have some shore based experience in a Ship management role. This role is London based.
- Qualified Chief Engineer
- Geared Bulk Carriers experience is essential
- Experience working with TTS cranes
- Dry dock experience is preferable
- Previous Ship Management / Shoreside experience is preferable
- Good leadership qualities & strong commitment to safety/compliance procedures are essentially needed in our organisation.
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on talent within the Green Technology and Renewable Energy sectors. We give 1% of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions to poverty-stricken communities.