Job title: Marine Systems Engineer
Location: Southampton, UK
Who are we recruiting for?
Our client, a leading technology company in the automation industry, is seeking a highly qualified Systems Engineer to join their team. Our client is renowned for its innovative technologies that address challenges across various industries. They are dedicated to delivering cutting-edge solutions and require a dynamic Systems Engineer to contribute to their mission.
What will you be doing?
As a Systems Engineer at our client’s organization, you will play a crucial role in managing and enhancing the company’s infrastructure to meet the evolving needs of their customers.
- Managing and monitoring infrastructure and system installations, including configurations, testing, and maintenance.
- Overseeing the development of customized software and hardware requirements.
- Defining customer needs and functionality in a service development cycle.
- Coordinating various teams for testing and evaluating design and implementation.
- Implementing and maintaining backups, security, and redundancy strategies.
- Identifying potential issues and integrating solutions.
- Collaborating with professionals to ensure high-quality deliverables within organization guidelines.
- Crafting customer acceptance criteria for products.
- Engaging with upper management, providing regular reports on project status, activities, and achievements.
- Communicating with stakeholders to understand system objectives.
- Installing and configuring operating systems, software, and hardware components.
- Conducting software testing and root-cause analysis for service interruptions.
- Setting up bench tests and conducting hardware testing.
- Creating reports and documentation outlining findings and solutions.
- Overseeing backup strategies and daily operations for secure backups and restore testing.
- Engaging in customer-facing roles, requiring global travel to customer locations.
- Producing design drawings using 2D CAD (AutoCAD).
- Managing all electrical/data interfaces between in-house and subcontracted systems.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics, controls, or computer science.
- Experience with programming languages and operating systems, current equipment and technologies, controllers, and electronics.
- Project management and application design experience.
- Knowledge of Teams Foundation Server or other version control.
- Familiarity with marine electrical/electronic systems.
- Proficiency in 2D CAD packages, ideally AutoCAD.
- Hands-on experience with complex electrical installations.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and compensation package.
- Opportunities for career growth and development.
- A collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Travel opportunities to customer locations worldwide.
- Participation in projects with a positive impact on various industries.
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy dedicated to promoting sustainability in the Maritime and Renewable Energy sectors. We are proud to donate a portion of our profits to Renewable World, a charity committed to developing affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions for poverty-stricken communities. Join us in making a positive impact on the world while building your career with our client, a leader in autonomous marine systems. Apply today to be part of a team that’s making waves in the industry.