Automation Commissioning Engineer
Location: London Or Southampton. Remote can be considered
Who are we recruiting for?
Anemoi Marine Technologies have selected Executive Integrity as an exclusive recruitment partner to manage their global recruitment processes. We are proud to represent Anemoi, sharing a mutual purpose towards creating a more sustainable planet. Our goal is to source the most exceptional candidates to drive renewable energy within the global maritime industry.
Anemoi are a global provider of proven wind technology, driving a more sustainable future for the shipping industry by designing and implementing renewable technology that supports the significant reduction of emissions by up to 30%. In recent years they have received significant market interest from key industry players, and we are expecting rapid growth scaling to 50 Rotor Sail installations per year by 2025.
They are constantly striving to deliver more, taking a forward-thinking approach to create a sustainable future for the shipping industry. Anemoi have won numerous industry awards, our latest The Wind Propulsion Innovation Award for developers of innovative technology and ship designs.
Purpose of the Job
To deliver the company’s Engineering design, development and innovation goals in relation to the electrical, control and software engineering design for Rotor Sail systems and further support with the installation, commissioning and troubleshooting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Be part of the Anemoi project team managing the installation of electrical, control and software for Rotor Sail systems and integration into the ships systems.
- Liaise with the engineering and production departments to ensure high standards of installation and delivery.
- Responsible for relationships with and management of Electrical and Control consultants/suppliers regarding integration and installation
- Contribute to the development of instrumentation, measurement and data acquisition systems (including ship to shore communications to feed into future Condition Based Monitoring/ Digital Twinning).
- Drive efficiency of Anemoi’s systems by quantitively analysing benefits of various options
- Development of data gathering and data analysis techniques and methods to align with ongoing performance validation of Anemoi Systems
- Identify, document and present technical risk with appropriate mitigation measures
- Review and contribute to manuals and documentation to guide users through the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Troubleshoot customer issues to minimize downtime, attendance to vessels may also be required.
- Lead the integration and commissioning of the Rotor Sails software during installation on board, during HATS and SATS.
- Be willing to travel on board the vessel in service for problem solving
Education and Background
- Electrical automation, mechanical and electrical, electronics and other related professional degree
- Proven track record of contract delivery and confidence to sign off designs prior to manufacture
- Sound understanding of vessel electrical systems, integration and Class Rule requirements
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of electro-mechanical design for marine applications including electric motors and VFD drive control (programming capabilities and hardware selection)
- Experience of instrumentation and data acquisition/monitoring systems
- Experience of working collaboratively with third parties, ideally including shipyards and designers
- Experience of various ship power options and main engine control e.g. D/G, MSB, PMS and Shaft Generator
- Experience with Variable Frequency Drives (ABB)
- Experience with Type Approval processes and testing requirements for Marine Equipment
- Experience working on board for installation, commissioning and troubleshooting of electrical/control systems on ships
- Programming capabilities (Siemens TIA Portal) and experience of specifying software development projects
- Willingness to travel: for business meetings with ship owners and designers and sailing on board; occasional travel for longer periods (3-4 weeks) for first-in-kind implementations may also be necessary
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on talent within the Maritime and Renewable Energy sectors. We give a proportion of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions to poverty-stricken communities.
For every placement we make, we plant a tree with the National Trust.