Job title: Vessel Manager
Location: Glasgow, UK
Who are we recruiting for?
Executive Integrity is working alongside a globally recognised shipping company and worlds leaders in energy transportation, with one of the largest fleets of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) vessels. Our client is committed to providing the highest level of operational performance for their customers, and always safety first.
What will you be doing?
The Vessel Managers are the 'front line' operators heading our client ship management teams. Vessel Managers are fully supported in their role by Marine & Technical Services, HSEQ, Marine Assurance, Marine HR, and Financial Analysts. The Vessel Managers will have full responsibility and accountability for the success of the operations and people on board their vessels.
- Treat health, safety, and environment as top priority
- Ensure vessels are operated in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner, ensuring compliance with class, statutory and company requirements
- Provide day-to-day technical and operational support and guidance to assigned vessels.
- Management of vessel budgets and operating expenditure.
- Monitor vessel performance and ensure follow up action. Carry out regular risk reviews for vessel operations and ensure appropriate actions are taken.
- Fully responsible for vessel dry-dockings and major scheduled & unscheduled repairs. This includes planning, execution, and review of all projects.
- Set clear goals and expectations and coach and develop Masters, Chief Engineers in line with competence and performance management objectives. Participate in interviews and make recommendations regarding new-hires and promotions.
- Act as the main contact for commercial and voyage coordination for assigned vessels.
- Carry out regular vessel visits to confirm condition and compliance with company Operating Standards and provide senior management with vessel condition reports.
- Ensure that through regular ship visits, engagement with ship senior staff, utilization of the company's maintenance management system and service bulletins, all ship borne equipment is always maintained to the highest levels, including fabric maintenance of the vessels under remit.
- Drive vetting performance onboard assigned vessels. Work with Marine Assurance and senior ship staff to ensure vessels are always prepared and ready for vetting inspections. Ensure timely and accurate closure of any vetting findings thus maintaining vessel vetting status.
- Working with ship staff, Fleet Support Officers, Business Development, and Financial Analysts to ensure that all legislative requirements and yearly maintenance are captured in the budget process, such that all budgetary timelines are met for both internal stakeholders and external customers, where applicable attend annual OPEX Budget meetings with customers.
- Support the development of Assistant Vessel Managers in their progression to Vessel Manager. Mentor and coach the Assistant Vessel Managers to aid their development in all aspects of ship management and customer care.
Are you the ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate will have sailed as Chief Engineer or 2nd Engineer ideally on LNG vessels. Tanker experience will be considered. This person will need good knowledge of international maritime regulations industry standards. Excellent communication skills are needed.
- Maritime Certificate of Competency (Chief Engineer/Class I or II) or relevant experience as Vessel Manager/Assistant Vessel Manager.
- Demonstrates teamwork, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Knowledge of technical operations for the vessel types managed.
- Knowledge of propulsion plant onboard vessels managed.
- Knowledge of cargo containment system, cargo handling equipment and systems on board vessels managed.