Job title: Technical Training Superintendent
Location: Limassol, Cyprus
Who are we working for?
Executive Integrity are working alongside a renown and market leading Ship Management company who strive to protect the global and marine environment through fleet-wide implementation of safe operation practices. Our client complies with all marine environmental treaties, laws and regulations as well as policies and voluntary standards. Our client is one of the largest Ship Management companies in the world. Our client has a state of the art training centre based in Limassol.
What will you be doing?
As a Technical Training Superintendent you will be working within the Maritime Training Centre (MTC) in Cyprus providing workshop and online training to the company crew members. You will participate in Ship visits now and again, provide simulation training and making sure crew members are up to date on rules and regulations related to Marine Engineering.
- Ensure efficient facilitation and running of relevant courses.
- Delivery of training within a quality-controlled environment, leading to improved safety and performance within the company fleet.
- Participate in ship visits or sailing periods on board company vessels when the opportunity arises to maintain currency and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the realities faced by company crew, in order to be effectively applied in the training environment.
- Ensure training facilities, equipment and simulators are prepared and available for training courses and kept in a ready state of maintenance utilising and implementing the maintenance plan of the MTC.
- Participate in the development of an annual Training Plan incorporating the MTC utilisation in line with the MTC management review under ISO 9001 as may be amended. Keep the plan updated with relevant inputs and keep relevant parties informed of changes to any upcoming training schedules.
- Participate in Fleet Officer's Meetings within the MTC region to provide an effective platform for ship and shore-based organisations to exchange information, address identified areas of concern, and to intensify bonding with the Seafarers.
Are you the ideal candidate?
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Chief Engineer/2nd Engineer looking to be part of a highly recognised company. Experience as a Technical Instructor is beneficial but not essential. Knowledge of duel fuel is beneficial but not essential. This person will need to be passionate about sharing knowledge and must have a strong technical understanding of Marine Engineering. This is a Cyprus based role.
- Candidates must have at least 5 years of seagoing experience as a Chief Engineer or 2nd Engineer
- Office experience beneficial
- Strong knowledge of vessels' technical requirements
- Very good people management skills
- Team work and cooperation
- Very good organisational skills
- Fluency in English
- PC literacy
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on talent within the Green Technology and Renewable Energy sectors. We give 1% of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions to poverty-stricken communities.