Job title: Technical Superintendent (Container & Bulk Carriers)
Who are we recruiting for?
Executive Integrity are working with one of the most well known and one of the largest ship management companies in the world. Our client is respected for its pioneering efforts in the implementation of safety of life at sea and safe ship and cargo operations as well as being a leader in the fight against pollution and other environmental hazards.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for ensuring all vessels under your control are maintained in a safe and seaworthy condition. The vessels will be to be in accordance with the requirements/instructions issued by the client, the Company's Senior Management, flag state administrations and classification societies. This role requires international travel.
- Ensuring the safe and economic operation of ships allocated;
- Being fully conversant with the Company's Management System;
- Implementing effectively the Company's Management System;
- Contributing to the development of new or the amendment of existing procedures;
- Monitoring compliance with the Company's Management System relevant to the shipboard and departmental activities;
- Monitoring performance, technical and operational conditions of ships allocated;
- Arranging for repairs and dry dockings;
- Ensuring that the ships are fully certified according to international standards and requirements;
- Preparing technical reports to owners in compliance with the management agreement; Encouraging and developing a strong safety culture and environmental & energy awareness on board ships assigned;
- Providing support to the shipboard management in respect of technical and operational matters.
Are you the ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate will have experience sailing in senior command no less than 2 years. You will need to hold a Chief Engineers CoC with sailing time on Container and Bulk Carriers.
- A marine degree from a university, with a minimum of three (3) years experience onboard ships or in the shipping industry, or holding a Chiefs Engineer's license with a minimum of 2 years sea service as a Chief Engineer, or having been in a position of Technical Superintendent with another shipping company for a minimum of two years preferably on Container and Bulk Carriers;
- Good leadership, controlling and communication skills as well the ability to work within a team;
- Good command of the English language;
- Good knowledge of the marine industry and applicable Rules and Regulations;
- Good technical knowledge of the vessels assigned
- Knowledge about purchasing and budget cost control.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Great company work culture
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on talent within the Green Technology and Renewable Energy sectors. We give 1% of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions to poverty-stricken communities.