Job title: Technical Fleet Manager
Location: Isle of Wight, UK
Who are we recruiting for?
Executive Integrity are partnering with a globally recognised Shipping company in the lookout for a Technical Fleet Manager. The company manages a fleet of Dry Cargo and Multi-Purpose Vessels from their office in the UK. Our client are actively taking an approach to make their ships greener by reducing fuel consumption and currently in the process of adding newbuild vessels to the fleet.
What will you be doing?
This position is key to the organisation and involves you working as part of a very closely knit team of people who keep the vessels within the organisation working efficiently. You will be responsible for budgets in accordance with the organisations requirement and monitoring of agreed budgets set. You will oversee the operation of the vessels, ensuring that they are operated safely, economically and efficiently maintained to a standard that allows them to fulfil operational requirements of either the organisation or charter parties and/or other commercial contracts.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of office personnel and Technical Superintendents
- Maintenance of the vessels & their equipment;
- Liaising with flag & class to ensure full compliance with regulations;
- Monitoring the status of certificates & arranging surveys;
- Monitoring ships performance & compiling reports to the owners;
- Advise & enforce company systems onboard;
- Preparation & monitoring ships operating budgets;
- Appraise senior officers performance;
- Monitor requisitions from the vessel & approval of supply;
- Arrange repairs & services as necessary;
- Preparation or docking specification & monitoring progress;
- Liaising with Technical Superintendents on the day to day technical issues.
Are you the ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate will have sailed as Chief Engineer onboard Dry cargo vessels with shore based experience in a Technical Superintendent role or a relevant position.
- Chief Engineer CoC or experience as Senior Ranking Officer
- Dry cargo sailing experience
- Shore based experience preferred
- Right to work and live in the UK
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on talent within the Green Technology and Renewable Energy sectors. We give 1% of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions to poverty-stricken communities.