Job title: Senior Subsea Engineer/Naval Architect
Location: Paris, France
Who are we recruiting for?
My client is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine, engineering and adjusting disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
What will you be doing?
As Senior Subsea Engineer/Naval Architect, you will be responsible for undertaking a varied range of Consultancy Projects mainly as Owner Engineer (OE) or Marine Warranty Survey (MWS) in the Renewable but also in the Oil & Gas sectors covering:
- Load-out, transportation and installation of fixed platforms, floating units, wind turbines, subsea structures, foundations, cables, pipelines and subsea structures, as well as general marine and offshore operations: heavy lift, mooring, anchor handling, dynamic positioning, jack-up and vessel inspection.
- Handle project management communication with clients and reporting management of resources and deliverables.
- Assist the senior project team with technical document reviews (procedure and analysis related to vessel survey, load-out, sea transportation, offshore installation) including independent spreadsheets and hand calculations, management/technical meetings and site attendances with respect to Owner Engineering and/or Marine Warranty Services requirements.
- Ensuring that the project is delivered in accordance with the agreed project technical standards and current industry codes, and client contract requirements and with timely invoicing.
- Assist with the preparation of bids in conjunction with the Project Director.
- Collaborate with other disciplines and members of the team regarding operational and specialist matters.
- Propose and develop new business initiatives.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Hold an Engineering degree qualified in one of the following disciplines: Naval Architect, Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 6 years of experience.
- Have a relevant engineering track record for offshore transportation and installation - including experience offshore during marine operations.
- Will possess up-to-date knowledge of Loadout, Installation and Transportation methods, Codes of Practice, Rules and Guidelines.
- Be enthusiastic about Marine Renewable in Europe. (50% of their projects)
- Have excellent and driven team player, but capable of working independently.
- Be able to effectively manage workload through planning, prioritizing and efficient delegation of work.
- Having experience in managing project budgets and schedules is required.
- Should be proficient in English and French.
What's in it for you?
The successful candidate will join a busy, dynamic and one culture team of well-qualified Naval Architects/Engineers and will be working with International Projects & Clients. The client has a strong talent and learning culture and you will be encouraged to develop your skills and talents to shape your future career path within your team and business.
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on talent within the Maritime and Renewable Energy sectors. We give a proportion of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions to poverty-stricken communities.