Job title: Senior Legal Counsel
Who are we recruiting for?
Our client is an award-winning digital technology company helping to optimise the shipping industry. 90% of work trade is handled by the global shipping industry, delivering energy, food, and raw materials to 7 billion people.
Through their technology, our client is helping to reduce emissions and to make the transport of cargo more efficient.
What will you be doing?
- Preparing, drafting, reviewing and/or negotiating contracts, proposals and other legal documents;
- Working with the Group's Marketing, Operations and other departments to produce materials meant for wider communication and distribution;
- Analyzing and summarizing legal documents;
- Anticipating, analyzing and mitigating potential legal problems involving the Group and developing strategies to reduce relevant risks;
- Researching and analyzing the law on issues facing the Group and writing a brief for submission to the relevant department, Executive Committee or the Board;
- Negotiating with outside parties, outside counsel, vendors and clients on contractual terms, issues and legal disputes;
- Advising on data protection issues facing the Group including but not limited to responding to data subject access requests, mainintaing and updating the Group's data protection policies;
- Supporting the HR Team in connection with the legal issues faced and support required in connection with the engagement of global employees;
- Documenting and agreeing on any changes that may arise during implementation or execution of contracts;
- Developing, organizing and maintaining filing systems for documents to ensure tracking and record-keeping
- Planning, developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the Group's policies and corporate governance to ensure adherence to applicable rules, applicable laws and regulatory compliance, particularly in relation to the Group's UK FCA-regulated entity;
- Initiating, prosecuting or defending litigation on behalf of the Group;
- Managing outside counsel to represent the Group in any dispute, including preparing or reviewing the preparation of relevant legal documents;
- Planning, organizing and managing the workload of the department;
- Communicating with the Group's senior management and staff, as and when required;
- Supporting the Group's corporate secretarial-related tasks including but not limited to preparing the agenda for board meetings and taking board minutes in co-ordination with the Group's Corporate Secretary; and
- Overseeing the Junior Legal Counsel's and Legal & Compliance Executive's work.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- UK Qualified
- Minimum of an LLB
- Minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience
- Previous in-house experience
- Shipping industry knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated high-quality of written work
- Work in a common Law Jursitriction
What's in it for you?
- Salary up to $75,000 USD dependent on location
- Our client has a staff attrition rate of below 1%
- Home-based flexible working location
- Outstanding salary and benefits package
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on talent within the Maritime and Renewable Energy sectors. We give 1% of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions to poverty-stricken communities.