Who are we recruiting for?
Executive Integrity has partnered with a pioneering company at the forefront of harnessing wind power for the propulsion of ships. Our client is a rotor sail market leading company with a mission to dramatically reduce CO2 released from the maritime industry.
What will you be doing?
To manage the purchase of components and assembly for Rotor Sails.
- Liaise with Engineering and Projects functions to determine the demand for materials and components and the timescale
- Review the preferred suppliers recommended by the Production team to ensure that the chosen suppliers meet commercial terms and quality standards. Source new suppliers for the products, where none or limited are known
- Manage the new supplier set up process
- Where required, manage the tender process, evaluate bids and make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors
- Working with legal counsel and the commercial team, negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers, ensuring all suppliers follow the QA process to ensure ISO9001 status
- Place orders with suppliers to ensure that the correct quantity of goods is available at the right time
- Manage inventory of items, including the use of Aligni (the stock records)
- Monitor and forecast price trends and their impact on future activities
- Support the sales process with accurate and up to date cost of sale data
- Undertake value for money reviews of existing contracts and arrangements
- Analyse data and produce reports and statistics on spending and saving
Are you the ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate has experience as a Purchasing Manager ideally within the maritime indsutry. This candidate will need to have expeirnece working with suppliers in China along with setting up systems and processes for purchasing. Need proven expeirence in negotiations to reduce costs. Good writing skills and good communication skills.
Education / Qualifications
- Relevant degree is preferred
- CIPS Qualification
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working with suppliers in China
- Experience of setting up systems and processes for purchasing
- Proven experience in supplier negotiations to reduce costs
- Knowledge of the marine /engineering sector would be an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of import/export considerations
Personal Qualities and Competences
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organisation skills
- Strong negotiation skills - able to persuade and influence
- Confident in multi-tasking
- Experience in working in cross functional teams
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Excellent career growth and opportunities
- Company Benefits
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on talent within the Green Technology and Renewable Energy sectors. We give 1% of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable