Job title: Project Director
Location: South Coast / London
Who are we recruiting for?
We are recruiting exclusively for a global leader within the sustainability shipping propulsion industry. Pushing the boundaries of sustainable commercial shipping with plans for evergrowing product development. Our client is a pioneering company with a mission to dramatically reduce CO2 released from the maritime industry. They are now looking to expand their project team to support the next stages of high-speed growth.
What will you be doing?
Global Project Management & Delivery
- Overall responsibility for projects; including planning, schedules, scope variation, and delivery to ensure that company products and associated items are being delivered to the shipyards or clients, ready for final installation and commissioning.
- Responsible for the successful delivery, installation, and commissioning on vessels.
- Evolve and develop as well as implement and monitor professional project management processes and procedures to ensure effective delivery of projects.
- Proactively take part in project delivery activities heading up operational matters as and when required.
- Responsible for P&L of Projects department and for project risk management including routine reporting to the board of directors. Work collaboratively with Finance to determine project departments' profitability and cash flows.
- Oversee communication with the customer and service provider, carefully managing expectations. Manage project and client escalations to the satisfaction of the company and of clients, as and when required.
- Responsible for delivery of project services including integration design, plan approval, installation, and commissioning. In close collaboration with global business units.
- Global travel to project sites and stakeholders to maintain the expected high levels of service and ensure project deadlines are met.
Resource and Project Planning
- Provide support and guidance throughout the sales process on timings, potential project challenges, and cost estimations.
- Manage the project transfer from sales through to delivery, establishing team requirements and proactively addressing any necessary adjustments which have a contractual impact on the customer and/or partners.
- Schedule and plan resources accurately to maintain an up-to-date understanding of sales and projects pipeline, in order to schedule supply chain and project delivery needs.
- Work closely with manufacturing to create and execute project delivery in agreement with established timeframes, with the ongoing improvement of process efficiency through communicating client feedback to production and engineering.
After-Sales Support and Services
- Manage the delivery of the after-sales support and services in agreement with contractual obligations.
- Design, implement and monitor processes and systems for the management of consistentency of after-sales support and services.
- Support the growth of the team in line with the company's resource strategy
- Train, coach, mentor and develop team members to upskill them appropriately and to develop their capability
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Demonstratable history of leadership with project management.
- Degree in Engineering, Marine Engineering, or a related subject.
- Client-facing experience with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels.
- Solid project and program management experience.
- Minimum of 15 years commercial experience within project management and global supply chain.
- Experience of working with shipyards, international manufacturing, and European and Asian class societies will be desirable.
- Previous exposure to working alongside naval architects to deliver integrated solutions for commercial vessels.
What's in it for you?
The ability to join a fast-growing and future focused company giving you the chance to build a business unit around you the way you want with the people want.
Market leading package
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on talent within the Maritime and Renewable Energy sectors. We give a proportion of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions to poverty-stricken communities.