Job title: Marine Superintendent LPG
Location: Athens, Greece
Who are we recruiting for?
Executive Integrity are working with one of the most well known and one of the largest ship management companies in the world. Our client is respected for its pioneering efforts in the implementation of safety of life at sea and safe ship and cargo operations as well as being a leader in the fight against pollution and other environmental hazards.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for ensuring all vessels under your control are maintained in a safe and seaworthy condition. The vessels will be to be in accordance with the requirements/instructions issued by the client, the Company's Senior Management, flag state administrations and classification societies. This role requires international travel.
- Treat health, safety and environmental compliance as top priority.
- Providing such assistance to the Masters and crews of the Company vessels as they require to operate their vessels to the standard established by the Company and in compliance with the international rules and regulations;
- Implementing effectively the Company's Management System;
- Contributing to the development of new or the amendment of existing procedures;
- Ensuring that the Company Management System, policies, standards and procedures are effectively implemented on the vessels allocated to him;
- Ensuring that the Company vessels are performing to the customers' satisfaction and are ready for third party inspections at any time;
- Attending the vessels and assisting during such inspections where desirable;
- Conducting regular marine visits and ensuring that issues raised during such visits are followed up and dealt with as quickly as possible, where required in conjunction with other departments;
Are you the ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate will have experience sailing in Command with no less than 3 years. You will need to hold a Masters CoC Unlimited with sailing time on LPG vessels.
- Seagoing experience as Master of no less than 3 years.
- M.Sc or B.Sc in Maritime Studies/ Naval Engineering or Naval Architecture or
- Master/ Senior officer's Certificate of Competency
- At least 3 years sailing experience as Master/ Senior Officer on LPG vessels, and at least 3 years' experience as Marine Superintendent in a ship management/ owning company
- Experience on LPG vessels required
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Great company work culture
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on talent within the Green Technology and Renewable Energy sectors. We give 1% of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions to poverty-stricken communities.