Job title: Marine Personnel Officer Temporary - 6 months
Who are we recruiting for?
Executive Integrity have partnered with a company who have developed from a regional shipping company into one of the world's largest marine energy transportation companies. They bring energy where it is needed to power the global economy and to improve people's lives. Sustainability has long been a core value for our client and their culture, values, and policies create a strong foundation for the work that lies ahead.
What will you be doing?
This is a temporary contract of 6 months. As a ship team member, the Marine Personnel Officer will report directly to the Marine HR Manager. This is a vital role where you will be the first point of contact for seafarers. The Marine Personnel Officer is responsible for ensuring that seafarers are appointed to the appropriate ships and ensure compliance with certification.
- Treating safety and environmental compliance as a top priority
- Interact closely with Lead Marine Personnel Officer for personnel scheduling. Owner of crew changes. Nominate ports for reliefs. Act as the liaison/contact person for all officers in matters of scheduling regarding appointments to and from vessels
- Ensure relevant details are passed to regional service centres in order they can carry out logistics administration for relevant seafarers. Follow up with service centres on same, especially in the case of changing vessel prospects
- Ensure all officers joining vessels are in full compliance with statutory and company requirements with regard to certification and training
- Act as the team Marine HR partner for sea staff. Forge relationships with sea staff and be the 'go to' contact for all employee relations matters
- Arrange and ensure relevant parties are made aware of new Hire orientation procedures and current sea staff visit requirements in local office
- Assist with the preparation of team manning and travel budgets as required
- Participate and provide input to monthly and annual crew and travel analysis/OPEX reports as determined by Fleet Director
Are you the ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate will have good communication skills and relevant experience within the maritime industry, either at sea or as a Marine Officer Personnel. This candidate will have the ability to respond positively to customers in an effective manner. Clear demonstration of teamwork and interpersonal will be required.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Holiday allowance
- Health and Wellness
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on talent within the Green Technology and Renewable Energy sectors. We give 1% of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions to poverty-stricken communities.