Job title: Marine Electrical Project Engineer
Job location: UK. Offices located London or Southampton. Remote working can be discussed.
Who are we recruiting for?
Executive Integrity have partnered with a pioneering company at the forefront of harnessing wind power for the propulsion of ships. Our client is a rotor sail market-leading company with a mission to dramatically reduce CO2 released from the maritime industry. Our client is changing the way the world accesses clean, affordable, and reliable energy.
What will you be doing?
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual with an electrical background, who will be responsible for delivering the company's Engineering design, development and innovation goals in relation to the electrical, control and software engineering design for Rotor Sail systems.
- Lead the electrical, control and software design for Rotor Sail systems to achieve high-quality, cost-effective solutions
- Responsible for relationships with and management of Electrical and Control consultants/suppliers
- Prepare contract specification documents for the procurement and delivery of all electrical, control system, software applications including FAT sign off etc.
- Lead the development of instrumentation, measurement and data acquisition systems (including ship to shore communications to feed into future Condition Based Monitoring/ Digital Twinning).
- Deliver the product approvals and future Type Approvals for our client Systems
- Identify, document and present technical risk with appropriate mitigation measures
- Write, review and approve manuals and documentation to guide users through the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Troubleshoot customer issues to minimize downtime, attendance to vessels may also be required. Assist with the processing of crew payroll and verification for covered vessels as per procedures. Update the company Master crew list to assure accuracy and proper crewing levels are available.
Are you the ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate needs to have experience with maritime Electrical/Control Engineering with a sound understanding of vessel electrical systems, integration and Class Rule requirements for Plan Approval.
- Degree in Electrical/ Control Engineering
- Proven track record of contract delivery and confidence to sign off designs prior to manufacture
- Sound understanding of vessel electrical systems, integration and Class Rule requirements for Plan Approval
- Strong verbal communication skills, including adapting to the audience
- Co-operative approach
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Creative/innovative approach - able to apply knowledge and experience effectively to new situations
- Confident in own expertise with a willingness to listen
- High attention to detail
What's in it for you?
- Work for the global leading wind propulsion technology company.
- Be part of a growing company
- Take lead on the product's Electrical & Control Engineering
- Excellent career progression
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on talent within the Maritime and Renewable Energy sectors. We give a proportion of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions to poverty-stricken communities.
For every placement we make, we plant a tree with the National Trust.