Job title: Marine Superintendent
Location: Glasgow, UK
Who are we recruiting for?
Executive Integrity is working alongside a globally recognised shipping company and worlds leaders in energy transportation, with one of the largest fleets of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) vessels. Our client is committed to providing the highest level of operational performance for their customers, and always safety first.
What will you be doing?
The Marine Superintendent role includes two main areas of responsibility:
- Supporting fleet operations teams in all aspects of the vessel's daily operations.
- Leading management and support for all Marine, Safety, Security and Vetting items.
- Responsible for Navigational, Cargo and Mooring, Security and Vetting standards with authority to implement controls and initiatives to drive and maintain fleet standards.
The role supports the fleet operations and requires active engagement with fleet personnel, ashore and afloat as well as other business units, corresponding customer contacts and industry bodies on an ongoing basis.
The role is customer facing managing direct relationships with vetting and assurance departments of some of the largest oil and gas companies, flag states and other key industry bodies and demands strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to represent, and manage the interests of the owners in both remote and face-to-face environments.
Are you the ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate will have sailed as 2nd Officer or Chief Officer as a minimum on Oil / Gas Tankers. This person will need good knowledge of international maritime regulations, industry standards and HSEQ. Excellent communication skills are needed.
- Sailing experience (preferably on Oil / Gas Tankers) to a Senior Rank; minimum Class 2 (unlimited) Certificate of Competency.
- Sound knowledge in international maritime regulations, industry standards and HSEQ.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise critical work; work quickly and in high-pressure environments.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience in vetting including OCIMF Sire inspection process, and other relevant industry processes, software, applications and web pages.
- Adept people-management, analytical, problem-solving, time-management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates teamwork, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Develop and promote continuous improvement initiatives and strategies.
- Experience and competence in completing marine investigations.
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on talent within the Maritime and Renewable Energy sectors. We give a proportion of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions to poverty-stricken communities.
For every placement we make, we plant a tree with the National Trust.