Job title: Lead Structural Engineer
Who are we recruiting for?
Our client is a leading name in the Floating Offshore Wind revolution. Their technology is making it possible to generate sustainable energy from deeper waters than ever considered before. They're serious about a more sustainable future, and they want the best talent available to help them reach their ambitions.
What will you be doing?
The Structural Engineering Group splits its focus between current designs, for specific site conditions, and R&D to optimize the performance, fabrication, and ultimately the cost of the in future projects working toward commercialization of the technology.
- Lead a group of structural engineers to serve projects including planning, scheduling, budgeting, technical execution and progress reporting to the upper management;
- Supervise design tasks for current projects, including preliminary sizing of steel structures, strength, buckling and fatigue analysis and detailing of the structures;
- Support business development providing technical consultation as needed;
- Supervise engineers/drafters to produce packages of drawings for certification and fabrication;
- Follow closely the fabrication planning and execution phases to provide support as necessary;
- Responsible for project deliverables for projects within the budget and schedule.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Master of science in a relevant field of engineering (ocean engineering, naval architecture, mechanical engineering, civil/structural engineering, material science, etc.)
- Firm and practical knowledge of ABS FOWTI/FPI/MODU, BV ROU, DNV OS and/or API RP2A;
- Strong technical and data analysis skills;
- Systematic and detailed oriented;
- Good communication skills both written and oral;
- Proven experience of leading a group of structural engineers or structural engineering team.
- Minimum ten (10) years of professional experience in ship, offshore structure or wind turbine tower structure FEED/detailed/construction design
- Experience in using commercial FEA software such as ANSYS or equivalent;
- Experience in reviewing/supervising structural analysis, design and engineering report writing;
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on talent within the Maritime and Renewable Energy sectors. We give 1% of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions to poverty-stricken communities.