Job title: Laboratory Geotechnician
Whom are we recruiting for?
My client offers market-leading advanced geotechnical services to the offshore energy market globally.
Its mission is to deliver data-driven advanced geotechnical analysis to its clients to the highest standards to ensure that ground risks are mitigated and design opportunities are realised.
Due to continued success and growth, we are seeking a Geotechnician (all levels of seniority) to perform advanced laboratory testing in a planned geotechnical laboratory in Southampton.
What will you be doing?
- Supervising and performing advanced geotechnical laboratory testing, including monotonic and cyclic triaxial and direct, simple shear, and resonant column testing.
- Preparation of samples for testing, ensuring samples are available to promote efficient progression of test programs.
- Processing test data with the utmost diligence, ensuring the data is as accurate as possible.
- Ensuring test programming and tracking software is updated to provide accurate testing progress updates to clients.
- Performing daily equipment & environmental quality checks throughout the laboratory, informing the Laboratory Technical Manager where anything out of the ordinary or out of specification is found.
- Taking an active role during accreditation assessments and performing verification tests when required to do so.
- Performing routine equipment calibrations and checks, whether planned or as requested.
- Assisting in the training of colleagues as required by the laboratory management.
- Ensuring a high level of cleanliness throughout the laboratory facility and ensuring the equipment is maintained to the highest standard.
- Complying with Geowynd management system policies, practices, programs, and procedures.
- Supporting Geowynd's environmental and social goals.
Are you the ideal candidate?
-Commercial laboratory background is essential for this role.
-The ability to operate within a team and at times, be comfortable working under your initiative.
-An aptitude for mechanical testing.
-An eye for detail and the ability to follow written procedures.
-Competency with the Microsoft Office suite of software.
-Experience in executing geotechnical laboratory testing across various soil types, including triaxial and direct simple shear testing.
-Experience in the execution of laboratory equipment calibrations and checks.
-Interested in others and strives for the best for the team;
-Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
-Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
-Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
-Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company's purpose;
What's in it for you?
-Competitive basic salary.
-Unique career progression
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on the talent within the Maritime and Renewable Energy sectors. We give 1% of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions for poverty-stricken communities.