Job title: IT & Office Assistant
Location: London, UK
Who are we recruiting for?
Executive Integrity have exclusively partnered with a renown and globally recognised Ship Registry. Our client offers ship operators a first-class personal service in all aspects of ship registration. White-listed in Paris MOU, accredited to ISO9001, our client Ships' Registry provides a quality-driven service second to none.
What will you be doing?
The Office and IT assistant must ensure the smooth running of the office on a day-to-day basis and manage computer systems and software, oversees equipment purchasing and installation, and maintains computer networks and connectivity.
The key responsibilities for the post include:
- Using a range of software packages
- Organise the purchase of hardware and software
- Schedule upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems
- Guarantee the smooth running of all IT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision
- Overseeing information security and maintains network and user security through hardware or software installation or through education
- Establishing relationships with technology vendors
- Advising about organisation's IT equipment, networking, and connectivity needs and purchases products, parts, and services as necessary
- Supervises IT department staff, including setting schedules, implementing training, and assessing performance
- General office duties as allocated by the Office Manager.
- Booking transport and accommodation
- Organising company events or conferences
- Ordering stationery and furniture
- Dealing with correspondence, complaints, and queries
- Liaising with staff, suppliers, and clients
Are you the ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate will have a wide knowledge and experience with computing and information technology. You will need to have natural troubleshooting skills and ability to work alone. You will have excellent hands on experience with office machines and a creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
The successful candidate will be required to work in the London office 1 -2 days a week but will be need to attend the office when required. This person will be required to live in a commuting distance from the office in London and have the rights to work and live in the UK.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related Computing degree
- Computing and information technology knowledge management skills
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers by telephone and in all written communication.
- Excellent level of computer literacy.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and other commonly used office packages strong IT and typing skills
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines, telephone and printers)
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Ability to organise troubleshooting or repair when necessary for IT equipment
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance
- Remote working
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on talent within the Green Technology and Renewable Energy sectors. We give 1% of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions to poverty-stricken communities.