Job title: Data Manager
Who are we recruiting for?
Our client provides the maritime industry with 24/7 operational support services and specialised cloud-based platforms managed by industry specialists. Their team of close to 700 people includes maritime operations experts, software developers, scientists, engineers and data analysts from 40 different countries.
What will you be doing?
The Data Manager will manage, lead and improve the platform-specific data center, which includes documents, data, systems, people and processes. The Data Manager will manage, lead and improve the way they collect, sort, organise and store documents, and how they extract and analyse company data as professionally and effectively as possible, while also safeguarding their security and confidentiality standards. As Data Manager, you will also be responsible for a growing team, its performance, resource planning and upskilling.
Your focus will be digital transformation, which means optimisation of existing processes and identification of new solutions that improves cost efficiency, productivity and delivers predictable and measurable scalability and data quality.
- Create, develop and implement rules, policies, guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for effective data management and data sharing.
- Oversee, manage and lead staff members in the daily use of data systems.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate information and data systems that could affect analytical results, assess system performance and make recommendations for software, hardware, and data storage improvements.
- Continually develop data management strategies, focusing on cost efficiency, data quality and continuous improvement, to always meet the SLAs agreed with internal and external customers.
- Provide technical oversight for integrating new technologies or new initiatives into data standards and structures.
Are you the ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate has experience in running data-oriented operations, especially low volume with high degree of complexity. You will have a strong aptitude for process efficiency, technology, data management, preferably but not necessarily from the shipping industry, and possess excellent troubleshooting skills. Strong decision making, people management and problem-solving skills are also required.
We imagine that your profile combines the traits of an innovator and a very consistent executor. You will be responsible for building the data center's prioritised roadmap based on customer feedback and though an environment of constant improvement. You will work closely with our core Development Team, who can assist with recommendations of systems and technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field.
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in data management or analysis.
- Previous experience in service-based operations, working in a low volume / high complexity environment combined with a history of achieving improvements and cost optimisation.
- Previous experience in working with OCR technologies will be a plus.
- Excellent multitasking skills and ability to complete milestones and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to decipher, organise and manage large amounts of data.
- An analytical mindset with superb communication and problem-solving skills
What's in it for you?
- Market leading salary and benefits package
- Remote working, this company is moving with the times and plans to move to fully remote global model
- Significant promotion prospects, my client plans to hire 150 people this year.
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on talent within the Green Technology and Renewable Energy sectors. We give 1% of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions to poverty-stricken communities.