Commissioning Engineer - Electrical, Control and Automation
Who are we recruiting for?
Anemoi Marine Technologies have selected Executive Integrity as an exclusive recruitment partner to manage their global recruitment processes. We are proud to represent Anemoi, sharing a mutual purpose towards creating a more sustainable planet. Our goal is to source the most exceptional candidates to drive renewable energy within the global maritime industry.
Anemoi are a global provider of proven wind technology, driving a more sustainable future for the shipping industry by designing and implementing renewable technology that supports the significant reduction of emissions by up to 30%. In recent years they have received significant market interest from key industry players, and we are expecting rapid growth scaling to 50 Rotor Sail installations per year by 2025.
They are constantly striving to deliver more, taking a forward-thinking approach to create a sustainable future for the shipping industry. Anemoi have won numerous industry awards, our latest The Wind Propulsion Innovation Award for developers of innovative technology and ship designs.
Purpose of the Job
To deliver the company's Engineering design, development and innovation goals in relation to the electrical, control and software engineering design for Rotor Sail systems and further support with the installation, commissioning and troubleshooting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the UK Engineering Team, China Production Team and Production Partners to ensure successful on-site FAT of electrical equipment, including debugging and troubleshooting of the equipment, control systems, and all aspects of the rotor sail electrical and control system with a particular focus on PLC, VFD and data acquisition.
- Responsible for the on-site SAT inspection and troubleshooting, including supervision of Main Switchboard upgrades, instillation of bridge console, control box, automation and other electrical and control equipment.
- Responsible for supervision of the shipyard works related to the marine equipment, including installation of interface wiring to existing ship sensors and all data signals from the equipment and vessel to ensure robust data collection for system monitoring and control. Working closely with the UK Engineering Team, China Production Team, Partners, ship owner and shipyard to ensure successful SAT.
- Cooperate with the shipyard to complete the SAT and sea trials.
- Responsible for ensuring that equipment electrical installations are in accordance with approved class drawings and work with class surveyors to resolve any issues.
- Accurate and timely collection of owner or yard comments and suggestions, providing precise feedback to the customer requirements, with support from UK Engineering and China production.
- Collect internal and external advanced equipment design and process quality information, with timely feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for providing general service requirements to customers and shipyards in the Domestic China market and abroad if necessary.
- Responsible for recording as commissioned parameters and settings and communicating to UK Engineering and China Production.
- Provide input to product development and lessons learnt as part of the continuous improvement process.
Education and Background
- Electrical automation, mechanical and electrical, electronics and other related professional degree
Knowledge and Experience
- Holds relevant marine electrical, automation products construction, commissioning experience for newbuilding and retrofit projects is essential.
- Willing to travel
- Familiar with working in the Marine and Ship building environment in China.
- Experience of working collaboratively with third parties, ideally including shipyards and designers
- 7+ years' relevant experience
- Experience of various ship power options and main engine control e.g., D/G, MSB and Shaft Power.
- Experience with Type Approval processes and testing requirements for Marine Equipment.
- Experience working on board for installation, commissioning and troubleshooting of electrical/control systems on ships.
- Programming capabilities and experience of specifying software development projects.
- Good presentation and communication skills in English and Mandarin, with ability to express views effectively, a strong sense of responsibility and professionalism, able to skilfully operate a variety of office software.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and work as part of a team
- Co-operative approach
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Creative/innovative approach - able to apply knowledge and experience effectively to new situations
- Confident in own expertise with willingness to listen
- High attention to detail and thorough approach