Job title: Assistant Marine Superintendent
Location: Newcastle, UK
Who are we recruiting for?
Executive Integrity are working alongside a renown and global market leading company who deliver on making ports and terminals safer and more efficient for the industry. Our client operates globally where they work to ensure integrity of ports and play a play a vital role in the safety and reliability of port operations.
What will you be doing?
This person will play a key role to assist the operation and management team in the provision of marine operations for vessels ensuring crew and vessels are complying with safety, environmental and operational requirements.
- Assist management in area of marine operations
- Assist in ensuring all equipment, vessels and crew safety and duties are compliant with the correct regulations
- Provide operation support to port management team and crew in order to maintain efficient towage operations
- Ensure port operations efficiency
- Assist in the coordination of training and development for crew
Are you the ideal candidate?
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified OOW (Deck) who is familiar with maritime rules and regulations, code and guidelines. Ability to handle large amounts of people and work under pressure. Time management is key and UK driving license is required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- OOW Unlimited - 2 years sea going experience minimum
- Experience in audits on board or dry docking
- Familiar with ISM Code, ISPS requirements and Class preferred
- Shore based experience is preferred but not essential
- Familiar with maritime regulations and legislations
- Experience in small craft is advantageous
- UK driving license required
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to use MS office
- Able to identify problems and provide solutions
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Excellent company pension
- Private medical care
- Growth opportunities
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on talent within the Green Technology and Renewable Energy sectors. We give 1% of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions to poverty-stricken communities.